Thursday, June 21, 2012

By Small and Simple Things are Great Things Brought to Pass

Many people have asked me how I have time to help my children commitment to fulfilling service project(s) each month so this month we wanted to show you an example of a "small" service we did this past week. You would be amazed at what you accomplish if you sat down and write down all the "small" services you or your family does you will see there is actually many lives that you and/or your family have touched.

As many of you know, we moved three weeks ago. I stayed in Utah until our kids got out of school for the year and my husband moved to Las Vegas to start his new job. We were apart for almost 3 months. Which made it fun for me to be able to pack all by myself. We went though as much of our "stuff" as we could while still in Utah and we donated many toys, clothes, etc. to Friends of Multiple Sclerosis www.friendsofms.com


The Friends of Multiple Sclerosis is an organization that helps those with MS by supporting cutting edge research and by donating to programs that provide services that help people with MS cope with this disease.

But try as I may I could not go through everything. So the last 3 weeks or so we have been going through more of our "stuff". We then donated old clothing that mommy and daddy have outgrown (I like to think the clothes actually shrunk), wall hangings, dvd's, etc. to Opportunity Village http://www.opportunityvillage.org/

Opportunity Village is a not-for-profit organization that serves people with intellectual disabilities. They provide them with vocational training, employment, and social recreation services. I LOVE this charity!!!!! What a wonderful cause!!!



We also donated the clothes that Super Hero Roy, Super Hero Dallas, and Super Hero Dakota had out grown to a family in our Church who recently had twin boys. Since our family knows the expense of having multiples we thought that this would be another great thing to do. 

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of our kids dropping off our donation items to Friends of MS and Opportunity Village but I did get pictures of us delivering the boys clothes to the family in our Church.

We had just ran through the sprinklers in our yard so don't mind the shirtless Super Heroes :)

For a job like this we need a Super Hero!
 


Bringing in the muscle!
Let's get to work!


Trying to carry a bag to the truck.
 



Needed to bring in reinforcements -  the biggest Super Hero in our home - Daddy!
Let's Get Going!






We had a good time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment