Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Calling All Super Heroes...

I know, I know...it has been a while. We have still been around soaring high in our Super Hero capes performing various acts of service but we have had much going on, a family member pasted away suddenly, I (the mommy) received a new Church calling where I am working with teenagers (so that has taken most of my time) and we have also just been busy with life in general to blog about all of them.

For Valentine's Day we took roses to a 2 different older widowed women in our neighborhood. The boys loved this one. They were smiling from ear to ear. Sorry I couldn't get any pictures. I had my camera but the women didn't have their hair done and they said no to us taking the pictures. Sad but true. But we understood. I know we did another service as well but I can't remember it right now, sorry ;)

We are having a busy week. We have 3 services planned and will carry them out between now and Friday. Wow, makes me tired just thinking about it :)

Now onto our first service. As many of you know, it is teacher appreciation week right now. And it is critical that Super Heroes give thanks to those to assist them. So we put together this small gift to show our thanks.

Roy sent a bag of peanuts with a note that said:
"I am totally Nuts about you! Thanks for being a terrific teacher!"

Roy is signing his name to the gift.




Taping the note to the bag of peanuts.



Roy's gift is ready :)


Dallas and Dakota are in preschool and they have 5 teachers. I only had 1 bag of peanuts so we made that one for their main teacher and we also sent packages of cookies to the helper teachers.

The card for the Oreo cookies said: " Thanks for making us such smart cookies!"

A close up of Roy's finished gift :)
There are no Super Hero capes for this service but instead there is backpacks for transporting the gifts :) Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

2 comments:

  1. so cute! great job super heroes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missy. I just realized that this week is teacher appreciation week and not last week. Oh well. I guess we were just a head of the ball game :)

    ReplyDelete